Answers to Top BRMS Questions
In the current economy, interest in business rule management is coming from not only IT, but often business managers eager to respond more quickly to change and improve control over their critical business systems. Those new to business rules usually have the following questions about the technology, how it applies and what results are like.
• What do business rule management systems do?
• What’s the difference between a BRMS and a rules engine?
• How can I tell whether a BRMS is a good fit for an application?
• What are typical applications for BRMS in financial services?
• How should we start using BRMS?
• What skills are needed for a successful BRMS deployment?
• Can non-technical staff easily work with the system?
• What does system maintenance involve?
• What improvements can be expected from a BRMS?
• How does BRMS fit into standard IT platforms like Java, .NET or COBOL?
Publications from IBM WebSphere