Decision Matrix: Selecting a Business Process Management Vendor (Competitor Focus)
The competitive landscape for BPM solutions is characterised by the following traits:
- The BPM vendor landscape is comparably fragmented, with several specialist vendors among the leaders.
- The market remains competitive, but stratification within the group of leading vendors profiled is increasingly apparent.
- Metastorm, Oracle and Savvion are the vanguard of the BPM market, as they combine excellence in core technologies with a clearly articulated approach to BPM.
- Active Endpoints, Appian, IBM (including Lombardi), Pegasystems and Ultimus are the primary challengers that could join the group of market leaders should they address certain limitations in their technology offering or go-to-market strategy.
- AuraPortal, Cordys, Intalio, SAP and Tibco are all slightly behind the leading group, but, depending on the user's deployment requirements, may still be the most appropriate option.
Publications from Active Endpoints